ONE IN A MELON
The Poke Bowl craze has been elevated with the most fascinating way of using watermelon as a replacement to fish! You won’t believe how succulent and mind-blowing this bowl is until you try it for yourself! This Watermelon Poke Bowl we’ve created for you is so good, you won’t be able to get enough of it! Something about the texture to this is so surprising and yummy. Make sure to marinate the watermelon for a whole day after baking it so that the flavors all come together.
Enjoy and happy cooking!
1/2 Medium Sized Seedless Watermelon, cut into 1 inch cubes
Blend Together (For Marinate)
2 Tablespoons of Toasted Sesame Seeds
6 Tablespoons of Soy Sauce
4 Tablespoons of Sesame Oil
2 Spring Onions, Finely Chopped
1/4 Teaspoon of Brown Sugar
2 Tablespoons of Rice Wine Vinegar
1cm of Ginger, Grated
1 Garlic, Grated
1 Tablespoon of Chili Sauce/Sirraccha
1 Teaspoon of Dried Chili Flakes
2 Cups of Cooked Brown Rice
100g of Edamame
1 Carrot, Shredded
1 Cucumber, Deseeded and Thinly Sliced
2 Cups of Purple Cabbage, Shredded
1 Avocado, Cut into Cubes
Toasted Sesame Seeds
Slices of Chili
PREP : 1 Hour
COOK : None
READY IN : 1 Hour
SERVING : 4
- In a blender, add in all the ingredients and blend it all into a smooth consistency to create the marinate.
- Then on a lined baking tray, spread out all the cut watermelon. Drizzle some of the marinate onto the watermelon and mix lightly. Bake for 45 minutes in a gas oven at 170c.
- Once cooked, and still hot, add in the remainder of the marinate to coat the cooked watermelon and place in a container to cool before adding it to the fridge to marinate for 1 day or up to 3 days.
- To serve, add in half a cup of cooked rice in a bowl, topped with a cup of marinated watermelon, some edamame, shredded carrots, cucumber, purple cabbage and some avocado. Drizzle some extra marinate on the vegetables and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
- If you want some added spicyness, drizzle over some sirraccha sauce or chili flakes over your poke bowl.
AND IT’S READY TO BE EATEN!
Enjoy this yummy bowl of Vegan Watermelon Poke Bowl and let us know what you think!