I’M A FUNGI
Rendang has always been a traditional Malaysian dish loved by many of us. The mix of all the fresh ingredients and creaminess of the coconut milk makes this a super yummy dish that keeps us coming back for more. Rendang has always been famous during the Hari Raya season, but why only have it then when you can have it anytime you want? Try out this super delicious Mushroom Rendang recipe that we created just for you and let us know what you think! Happy cooking!
200g Oyster Mushrooms and King Oyster Mushrooms
2 Sheets of Turmeric Leaves, thinly sliced
3 Sheet Kaffir Lime Leaves
1 Asam Keping/ 1 teaspoon asam jawa (tamarind paste)
1/3 cup Coconut Cream
2 tablespoon Kerisik (Roasted coconut)
1/2 tablespoon Palm Sugar
2 tablespoon ground Chili
1 tablespoon Curry Powder Salt
10 Red Shallot
3 Lemongrass, thinly sliced
1/2 inch Turmeric
3 slices of Galangal
3 Candle nuts
2 Red Chili
10 Birds Eye Chili
To Garnish :
Thinly sliced Turmeric Leaves
PREP: 10 Minutes
COOK: 20 Minutes
READY IN : 30 Minutes
- In a blender, blitz together the shallots, garlic, galangal, lemongrass, turmeric, candle nuts, birds eye chili and red chili together until smooth.
- Then, pull apart the oyster mushrooms into equal sizes and slice the king oyster mushrooms. Set aside.
- Then in a deep pan, heat it up over medium heat with a little bit of oil and fry the blended ingredient. Fry for about 3-5 minutes until fragrant.
- Then add in the curry powder and ground chili paste. Stir it until even. Leave it to cook for another 10 minutes or until the oil rises to the top.
- After that add in the coconut milk and kaffir lime leaves. Stir and leave it to cook over low heat for 1 minute. Add in the kerisik (roasted coconut) and asam jawa (tamarind paste). Cook until the gravy thickens.
- Once the gravy thickens, add in all the mushrooms and palm sugar. Stir to combine.
- Let it cook for another 5 minutes and until the gravy thickens even more.
- Then, add in the sliced turmeric leaves and stir to combine.
LET’S EAT !
Serve this with a side of compact rice or just have it with bread. Super Yummy!