If you think you’ve lived life without tasting avocado pasta yet, I’m sorry to break it to ya… That’s something you need to get out of the way quite urgently.
My very first experience with it was in 2015, when I was visiting a friend’s place and we were doing a double date cook-up. I spent half the darn day constructing this perfect cottage pie, we brought it over to his kitchen for baking, he and his girl hadn’t cooked yet and just pulled out some some pasta and avocados, and their dish, from chopping board to plate, gets ready in 15 minutes.
AND tastes better than my pie.
Avocado pasta is quite possibly the simplest, lushest pasta you’ll ever make. Acknowledging the fact that avocados are not only expensive as hell these days but also contributing to illegal deforestation, it’s not something I’d make so often (I haven’t made this in a year!), but just to say you’ve had it, I think it’s fair to try it at least once. Or twice.
GUACAPASTA WITH PINE SEEDS
Pasta. Avocados. 'Nuff said.
- 1/4 cup pine seeds
- 1/3 pack angelhair spaghetti
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 small avocados
- 1 tsp salt
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- A dash of pepper
- Step 1 Heat pine seeds in a pan for 5 minutes or until they start to brown. Add a few drops of olive oil beforehand to avoid burning.
- Step 2 Cook spaghetti in boiling water for 2 mins. Once cooled and drained, flavor with salt and olive oil.
- Step 3 Mash together sauce ingredients and cook for 5 minutes.