Need I say more?
I will anyway.
I was SO excited about creating this recipe, as I’m not the most adept at making things gluten-free. When this came out of the oven the first time, and I put those warm nuggets into my mouth, I gladly gave myself some money.
Low fat, high protein. Free from wheat, egg and dairy. As you can see, there is no downside to making this recipe. None at all. Now go forth and spread the love.
This recipe was one of six I developed in collaboration with Malaysian health food brand Spoon Health.
Double Chocolate Pecan Cookies (Gluten-Free)
Health and Indulgence go hand-in-hand when it comes to baking these morsels of gluten-free decadence.
- 175 ml quinoa powder
- 100 ml chickpea powder
- 50 ml rice flour
- 175 ml cocoa powder
- 200 ml brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup pecans
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tbsp chia topped up to 50 ml water
- 100 ml Tahini paste
- 175 ml virgin coconut oil
- Step 1 Pre-heat the oven to 150 degrees Celsius.
- Step 2 Break the pecans into small pieces with your hands. Bake pieces for 10 minutes.
- Step 3 Remove the pecans from oven and preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Step 4 In a dry bowl, mix pecan pieces and other dry ingredients together evenly.
- Step 5 In another bowl, mix wet ingredients together as evenly as possible.
- Step 6 Massage wet mixture into dry mixture to make a dough.
- Step 7 Take a small piece of dough and press it together. If it crumbles, add a tablespoon of milk to it. If it is gooey and doesn’t hold its shape, add a tablespoon more of the flour.
- Step 8 Roll dough into small balls about an inch-wide in diameter.
- Step 9 Flatten one palm and press a ball into it, rounding the side facing you with your fingers, making a half-spherical shape.
- Step 10 Line up cookies in rows on a baking tray lined with baking paper, leaving a space the width of two fingers between each of them.
- Step 11 Bake the cookies for 10 minutes.
- Step 12 Transfer cookies to a cooling rack and allow to cool for 10 minutes before eating.