Dark chocolate is proof that vegans can have their (choc) cake and eat it too!
This is the simplest recipe you can possibly find for something so melt-in-your-mouth delicious.
The other option is melting cacao butter for a chocolate that won’t melt so quickly between your fingers, but I’d still recommend keeping it in the fridge as pure, unrefined cacao butter goes bad quite quickly in humid weather!
You can easily find chocolate moulds in bakery shops. Otherwise, an ice cube tray should do the trick!
Feel free to add other ingredients like cinnamon, nuts, dried fruit or peppermint oil.
Great to have as an instant hot chocolate in-a-cube (melt a few cubes in a pot with non-dairy milk), to stir into oatmeal, or of course, on its own for some guilt-free indulgence.
3-Ingredient Dark Chocolate
The simplest recipe for homemade chocolate,
- 1 cup cocoa powder (Alternatives: Cacao or Carob)
- 1/2 cup virgin coconut oil
- Agave nectar to sweeten
- Step 1 Mix all ingredients until it becomes a smooth paste.
- Step 2 Depending on your sweetness preference, 3-5 tablespoons of agave should suffice.
- Step 3 Pour into chocolate moulds and store in the freezer for 1 hour, or in the fridge for 2-3 hours.
- Step 4 Ready to eat once hardened!