This was one of the first recipes I actually noted down, in collaboration with PurelyB as a Christmas special on their website.
With its festive taste, this has been a go-to recipe of mine all year round just in the spirit of making great biscuits!
SPICED CHRISTMAS COOKIES
Although the spices offer a festive taste, these nutritious cookies can be enjoyed at any time of the year.
- 2 cups Rolled Oats
- 1/2 cup Buckwheat
- 1/2 cup Coconut Flour
- 1/4 cup Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp Golden Flaxseed
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 3/4 tsp Pink Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1/4 cup Non-dairy Milk
- Spice Mix:
- 1 1/2 tbsp Ground Ginger
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Ground Clove
- Step 1 Using a blender, blend flaxseed into a powder and soak in 2 tablespoons of water. Leave aside.
- Step 2 Blend oats and buckwheat in a blender until it becomes a flour. It’s okay if it is slightly coarse, to give the biscuits some texture.
- Step 3 In a large bowl, mix oat and buckwheat flour with coconut flour, pumpkin seeds, sugar, salt, baking soda and spice mix.
- Step 4 In another bowl, mix together the coconut oil, flaxseed, vanilla essence and milk.
- Step 5 Pour wet mix into dry mix and stir until even.
- Step 6 Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line your tray with baking paper.
- Step 7 Roll dough into small balls and place on tray leaving about 2 inches between them. Flatten balls with a fork.
- Step 8 Bake for 15 minutes or until the cookies turn into a rich bronze colour.
- Step 9 Remove tray from oven and place cookies on a cooling rack to cool.